Sunday, October 13, 2013

Save Me From Myself

I'm doing the most important thing a man can do: listening to what I needed to hear from myself.

I learned not to be upset when my team came in second and I learned not to be surprised when my essay won second place and I didn't blink when I was the second best candidate in my first student council elections and I was happy being the runner-up in class but then, I don't know why it hurts so much when I was cancelled-out or when I became a back-up plan or when I waited clueless in the cold while someone is having a blast with their priority;... after all, i used to be ok to come in second , right?

 Today's a masquerade, all the world is a stage. I forced a smile when I wanted to frown. I tried to show the best face forward when I'm hurting inside. I tried to act as usual but I'm struggling inside. It's hard, very hard but I have to keep up with the pace. 

At one point, I realized that I'm just someone who can only suffice an aspect of a human being and though I know that I can never become the missing piece who will complete the puzzle, I still hoped to be valued, but sometimes people don't make it easy for you. If it comes to a point that a person would like to remove me from his/her equation, then I'll accept it. Sometimes we can almost mean nothing to someone who means so much to us. We just have to live with it. I'm on the edge, crumbled, feeling alone and about to lose my self-worth, thinking who's gonna save me from myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment